Dan Schleck practices in the areas of Real Estate Development — including municipal and land use law and eminent domain proceedings, Environmental Law and Financing. Dan has vast experience in structuring complex transactions and financing packages for contaminated and uncontaminated property development. He has been extremely successful in securing public grant funds for clients that choose to redevelop contaminated property. His expertise on these projects, along with his experience as the former city attorney for Mendota Heights, Minnesota allows Dan to add value when negotiating Development Agreements with municipalities. Voted one the Best Lawyers in America (2001) in the Best Lawyers Consumer Guide, Dan's technical experience, along with a hands-on background of cleaning up contaminated sites, allows him to provide a unique perspective on client’s issues in this area.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Mr. Schleck was a chemical engineer with Waste Management, Inc. of Oakbrook, Illinois. While at Waste Management, his work focused on hazardous waste site remediation, reuse of previously polluted properties and general strategic corporate environmental compliance. Mr. Schleck was admitted to the bar in 1995 after graduating from Chicago Kent College of Law with honors in that same year. Since that time, Mr. Schleck has practiced in the area of real estate development and secured transactions, with a focus on environmental due diligence and redevelopment of Brownfield properties. Dan is currently a professor at St. Thomas College of Law where he teaches Environmental Law. Mr. Schleck is a licensed professional engineer in Wisconsin he is also a certified hazardous materials manager, a certified environmental specialist and is a speaker at many continuing education classes and seminars.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Chicago Kent College of Law, J.D. with honors
- University of Wisconsin, B.S. Chemical Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager
- Certified Environment Specialist
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Former Chair for Environmental, Natural Resources and Energy Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Brownfield Foundation
- Risk Management Association – Minneapolis Chapter
- North Star Chapter of the Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals
Click here for a printable bio