John Beattie focuses his practice on corporate transactions and real estate law and real estate development and transactions. He guides business owners and managers through organizational, regulatory, and financial matters.
With 36 years of private practice experience, John has the broad base of knowledge needed to advise companies about the legal implications of their business decisions. Additionally, he has graduate-level training in administrative and securities law at The George Washington University School of Law.
John has a long history as a leader of civic, corporate and educational boards and serves as a council member for the City of Excelsior. Those activities have helped him be a more effective advocate and counselor for his clients. John has attained the level of AV Preeminent® in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, the profession’s highest ranking for legal ability and ethical standards.
John Beattie clerked for honorable Miles W. Lord, United States District Judge for the United States District Court, District of Minnesota 1976-1978.
- Minnesota, 1975
- District of Columbia, 1983
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1982
- California Western School of Law, J.D., 1975
- Macalester College, B.A. , 1971
- The George Washington University School of Law
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Click here for a printable bio