Joseph Lawver focuses his practice on business services and business litigation, concentrating on helping financial institutions in secured transactions and equipment leasing. His work includes preparation, due diligence and negotiation of transactional agreements that are part of these companies’ businesses as well as the enforcement mechanisms that become necessary when an agreement does not proceed as planned. These mechanisms include collections, workouts, replevins, and bankruptcy procedures.
Joe also provides general counsel to his clients, including contract negotiations and formation, employment law matters, and financial matters. His clients include banks, equipment-leasing companies, property managers, closely held corporations, limited liability corporations, and partnerships.
The nature of his clients’ work is such that disputes can occur in locales throughout the country. Joe has a network of attorneys and legal support specialists across the U.S. who can provide assistance in resolving those out-of-state disputes.
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, M.A.
- University of Minnesota, B.A.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Real Property Section
- Bankruptcy Section
- American Bar Association
- Equipment Leasing and Finance Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Lease Enforcement Attorney Network
Click here for a printable bio