Messerli Kramer is a leading law firm in the Twin Cities founded in 1965 with locations in Minneapolis, St. Paul and Plymouth, Minnesota. We have a well-earned reputation within the business community of providing sound, reasoned and comprehensive legal advice. Our professionals take the time to listen and understand their legal issues within the larger framework of their business as a whole. Known for our dedication and responsiveness, our attorneys and staff are focused on finding pragmatic solutions and producing remarkable results for our clients.
Messerli Kramer is currently seeking a highly skilled Accounts Receivable Specialist to join its Accounting group in our Minneapolis office. This position’s primary responsibility will be to monitor assigned billing attorneys’ portfolios of Accounts Receivables and to monitor and contact clients in various stages of delinquency.
Messerli Kramer is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Messerli Kramer to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.
- A minimum of five years of collection experience.
- BS in accounting and finance is preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills.
- Experience with Elite/Enterprise and Star*Collect software a plus.
- Fully proficient with PC based applications including Excel and Word.
- Law firm or other professional service firm experience a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Provide support to firm billing attorneys to monitor their A/R portfolio.
- Regularly communicate with attorney(s) regarding efforts and status of past due accounts.
- Work cooperatively and creatively with attorneys to collect past due accounts as effectively and timely as possible.
- Create and send monthly dunning letters to delinquent accounts.
- Contact clients when necessary to obtain payment status, and/or resolve issues that may require further research or communication with other firm departments.
- Prepare filings for A/R conciliation court cases and represent firm in those cases as necessary.
- Record all pertinent information related to collection efforts, such as tasks, promise of payments, follow-up dates, etc.
- Support other Finance Team functions as necessary (A/P, Billing overflow)
Messerli Kramer offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, wellness program incentive and 401k/profit sharing retirement package.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume (as MS Word attachment) along with your cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your salary expectations.