This posting is for our Paralegal position in the Banking and Finance Group, based out of our Minneapolis office.
About Messerli Kramer
Founded in 1965, Messerli Kramer is a top-20 law firm in Minnesota, with offices in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Plymouth, along with satellite offices in Denver, Milwaukee, and Omaha. We have a well-earned reputation within the business community of providing sound, reasoned and comprehensive legal advice. With an emphasis on building lasting relationships with our clients, our professionals take the time to listen and understand their legal issues within the larger framework of their business as a whole. Known for our dedication and responsiveness, our attorneys and staff are focused on finding pragmatic solutions and producing remarkable results for our clients.
Messerli Kramer serves individuals and businesses through three unique, yet complementary, divisions. We represent a variety of clients across an array of practice groups: Banking and Finance, Business Litigation, Corporate and Estate Planning, Commercial Real Estate and Family Law. This paralegal position is for our Banking and Finance Group.
Job Description for the Paralegal Position, Banking and Finance Group:
This position will be responsible for assisting attorneys with due diligence on financing transactions with an emphasis on reviewing title commitments, exception documents, and surveys, preparing title and survey objections, communicating with attorneys, surveyors and title companies regarding title and survey. The position will also handle conducting searches, filing UCCs, reviewing environmental reports, organizational documents and other related due diligence. The paralegal will draft loan documents and amendments for acquisitions, refinances and construction loan transactions. The paralegal will assist with transactions including preparing closing checklists, tracking status of checklist items, coordinating and assisting in the closing process.
Requirements for the Paralegal Position, Banking and Finance Group:
- Minimum of 5+ years of Paralegal experience in transactional work (Banking & Finance and/or Real Estate) required.
- Paralegal certificate or degree required.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Proficient in Time & Billing System (LMS, Elite or other comparable system).
- Proficient in Adobe/Adobe Pro.
- Proven ability to manage multiple calendars/schedules.
- Strong commitment to (internal/external) client service.
- Respond to all requests with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple individuals, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Problem-solver with the ability to be flexible and use sound judgment, multi-task, prioritize and deliver accurate work product within multiple and competing deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and friendly with the demonstrated ability to work with people at various levels within and outside of the Firm.
- Must have working knowledge of commercial leasing, purchase and sales contracts
- Ability to manage client-related and attorney expectations and responsibilities as required
Physical Requirements for the Paralegal Position, Banking and Finance Group:
- Sits frequently.
- Lifts and carries up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Bends and stoops occasionally.
Benefits for the Paralegal Position, Banking and Finance Group:
Messerli Kramer offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement package.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com. Please include your salary expectations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Messerli Kramer is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.