Founded in 1965, Messerli Kramer is a Top 20 Minnesota law firm with locations in Minneapolis, St. Paul and Plymouth, Minnesota. We have a hard‐earned reputation within the business community of providing sound, reasoned and comprehensive legal services. With an emphasis on building lasting relationships with our clients, our professionals take the time to listen and understand legal issues within the larger framework of the business as a whole. Known for our dedication and responsiveness, Messerli Kramer is focused on finding pragmatic solutions and producing remarkable results for our clients.
We are pleased to expand our ability to support our Information Technology team, end users and our firm’s clients with the addition of the Engineer position to our IT department. We are looking for a strong applicant with a great foundation of systems and network skills. This role works closely with the Sr. Systems Engineer and the Sr. Network Engineer (the Engineering Team) under the direction of the CISO and/or Director of IT, Services and Operations to maintain and enhance all aspects of our technical enterprise for around 300 users in our Minneapolis, St. Paul and Plymouth, MN offices. This position offers the opportunity to utilize your skills and abilities in a dynamic, security focused environment, as well as work with seasoned professionals to learn and enhance your career.
This is a full‐time position. Frequent evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Minimal travel is expected for this position, outside the servicing of our three Twin Cities metro offices.
*This role will is eligible for a hybrid work schedule upon completion of orientation and training period.
Messerli Kramer offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement package.
Messerli Kramer is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Messerli Kramer to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume along with your cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your salary expectations.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to network hardware, operating systems, virtualization systems (VMware ESXi), VDI (VMware Horizon), network applications and system management tools; including investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, documentation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Performs installation of, and updates to, network hardware, applications, and systems while researching, developing, implementing, and maintaining accepted best practices.
- Provides direct support in the day‐to‐day operations on network hardware, operating systems, and applications; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring performance, and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems, liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with business partners to implement fixes.
- Proactively ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Coordinates and/or performs hardening of systems and monitors security related settings and systems to comply with client security requirements; assists in performing and maintaining audits of systems to demonstrate compliance with such requirements.
- Uses skill and experience to collaboratively drive projects forward without assuming leadership of those projects. Assists in a wide variety of projects and initiatives.
- Participates in planning design, technical review, and implementation for new infrastructure and network systems for voice and data networks and applications.
- Serves as an escalation point to IT team members and personnel from other departments to provide 2nd and 3rd level support to the Helpdesk for unresolved issues and systemic issues.
- Provides technical consultation, training and support to IT staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S./B.A. in information systems or equivalent education and experience.
- Three+ years of experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting hardware and software installation and maintenance, including Windows servers and VMware.
- Working knowledge of Windows (PCs and Server), servers, switches, and other network hardware, and software. VMware and Watchguard knowledge is an additional plus.
- Experience administrating hardware and software firewalls, secure email gateways, hardening Windows servers.
- Familiarity with security concepts, best practices and controls.
- Experience maintaining thorough and accurate documentation, change management, and SOPs.
- MS Intune, MS Teams, DLP administration.
- Technical Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Stress Management / Composure
- Positive demeanor
- Customer / Client Focus Technical Experience
- VMware (6.5 / 7.0)
- Windows Server (2016 / 2019)
- Exchange Server (2016, M365) SQL (2014, 2016, 2019)
- VMware Horizon (7.x/8.x)
- ADFS / SSO / MFA
- HP Switches
- SAN – Nimble
- Legal vertical applications
- Azure administration
- Solid networking knowledge
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the responsibilities of the position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the person in this position will encounter. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a professional, fast paced office environment that may require additional hours to complete work.
The physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. If an employee is unable to perform the essential functions of the position, Messerli Kramer will evaluate whether a reasonable accommodation can be made to enable the employee to perform the described essential functions of the position. Generally, due to the nature of this office position, while performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.