This posting is for our Information Technology Engineer (IT Engineer) opening based in our Minneapolis office, but working with all 3 of our offices.
About Messerli Kramer
Founded in 1965, Messerli Kramer is a top-20 law firm in Minnesota, with offices in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Plymouth, along with satellite offices in Denver, Milwaukee, and Omaha. We have a well-earned reputation within the business community of providing sound, reasoned and comprehensive legal advice. With an emphasis on building lasting relationships with our clients, our professionals take the time to listen and understand their legal issues within the larger framework of their business as a whole. Known for our dedication and responsiveness, our attorneys and staff are focused on finding pragmatic solutions and producing remarkable results for our clients.
Messerli Kramer serves individuals and businesses through three unique, yet complementary, divisions. We represent a variety of clients across an array of fields: Banking and Finance, Business Litigation, Corporate Law, Estate Planning, Commercial Real Estate and Family Law. This Information Technology Engineer (IT Engineer) position will operate primarily out of our Minneapolis office, but will be responsible for all three offices.
Job Description for the Information Technology Engineer position:
The Information Technology Engineer position supports our Information Technology team, end users and our firm’s clients. We are looking for a strong applicant with solid experience with systems and strong network skills. This role works closely with the Systems Engineer and the Sr. Network Engineer (the Engineering Team) under the direction of the CISO and/or Director of IT, Services and Operations to maintain and enhance all aspects of our technical enterprise for around 300 users in our Minneapolis, St. Paul and Plymouth, MN offices. This position offers the opportunity to utilize your skills and abilities in a dynamic, security focused environment, as well as work with seasoned professionals to learn and enhance your career.
This is a full-time position. Frequent evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Minimal travel is expected for this position, outside the servicing of our three Twin Cities metro offices.
*This role is eligible for a hybrid work schedule upon completion of orientation and training period.
Essential Functions and Duties for the Information Technology Engineer position:
- Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to network hardware, operating systems, virtualization systems, network applications and system management tools; including investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, documentation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Performs installation of, and updates to, network hardware, applications, and systems while researching, developing, implementing, and maintaining accepted best practices.
- Provides direct support in the day-to-day operations of network hardware, operating systems, and applications; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring performance, and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems, liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with business partners to implement fixes.
- Proactively ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Coordinates and/or performs hardening of systems and monitors security related settings and systems to comply with client security requirements; assists in performing and maintaining audits of systems to demonstrate compliance with such requirements.
- Uses skill and experience to collaboratively drive projects forward. Assists in a wide variety of projects and initiatives.
- Participates in planning design, technical review, and implementation for new infrastructure and network systems for voice and data networks and applications.
- Serves as an escalation point to IT team members and personnel from other departments to provide 2nd and 3rd level support to the Helpdesk for unresolved issues and systemic issues.
- Provides technical consultation, training and support to IT staff.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education/Certifications for the Information Technology Engineer position:
- B.S./B.A. in information systems or equivalent education and experience.
Preferred Experience for the Information Technology Engineer position:
- 5-7+ years of enterprise level experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting and maintaining hardware and software, including Windows servers and VMware.
- Working knowledge of Windows (PCs and Server) OS, servers, switches, and other network hardware, and software. VMware ESXi and Horizon and Watchguard knowledge is an additional plus.
- Experience administrating hardware and software firewalls, secure email gateways, hardening Windows servers and hardening automation.
- MS Exchange Administration experience. Cloud migration experience desirable.
- Familiarity with security concepts, best practices and controls.
- Experience maintaining thorough and accurate documentation, change management, and SOPs.
- M365 experience; MS Intune, MS Teams, DLP administration.
- Structured Change Management experience and knowledge.
Work Environment for the Information Technology Engineer position:
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the responsibilities of the position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the person in this position will encounter. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a professional, fast-paced office environment that may require additional hours to complete work.
The physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. If an employee is unable to perform the essential functions of the position, Messerli Kramer will evaluate whether a reasonable accommodation can be made to enable the employee to perform the described essential functions of the position. Generally, due to the nature of this office position, while performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
To Apply for the Information Technology Engineer position:
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume along with your cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your salary expectations.
Messerli Kramer offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement package.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Messerli Kramer is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.