Founded in 1965, Messerli Kramer is a Top 20 Minnesota law firm with locations in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Plymouth, Bismarck, North Dakota, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Omaha, Nebraska. We have a hard-earned reputation within the business community of providing sound, reasoned and comprehensive legal services. With an emphasis on building lasting relationships with our clients, our professionals take the time to listen and understand legal issues within the larger framework of the business as a whole. Known for our dedication and responsiveness, Messerli & Kramer is focused on finding pragmatic solutions and producing remarkable results for our clients.
Messerli Kramer consists of eleven practice areas in three unique, yet complementary divisions, including appeals, banking and finance, corporate and general business law, commercial real estate, business litigation, collections, divorce and family law, employment, estate planning, government relations and intellectual property. We represent a variety of clients, from large corporations and banks, to closely-held entrepreneurial businesses, to individuals seeking divorce and family law or estate planning services.
This position will be responsible for assisting the attorneys in preparing correspondence, loan documents, signature pages and closing books for closings and other transactional matters. Editing, assembling and filing documents electronically.
Maintain open/active client files both in electronic and physical formats in accordance to Firm standards. Proactively follows up with attorneys on closed client files and closes files as necessary. Assist in managing client contacts, emails, and printing documents, as well as, processing mail. Actively supports the billing process, including edits from attorneys, preparing cover letters and/or emails, follow-up on client and attorney inquiries. Independently performs administrative duties such as proofing, editing and releasing attorney time entries; registering, calendaring and reporting CLEs, submitting and following up on reimbursements and other related tasks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of legal administrative experience in transactional work (Banking & Finance and Real Estate or Corporate) required.
- Minimum of high school graduation, Business school or related professional legal secretarial degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Proficient in Time & Billing System (LMS, Elite or other comparable system).
- Proficient in Adobe/Adobe Pro.
- Proven ability to manage multiple calendars/schedules.
- Strong commitment to (internal/external) client service.
- Respond to all requests with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple individuals, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Problem-solver with the ability to be flexible and use sound judgment, multi-task, prioritize and deliver accurate work product within multiple and competing deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and friendly with the demonstrated ability to work with people at various levels within and outside of the Firm.
- Sits frequently.
- Lifts and carries up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Bends and stoops occasionally.
Messerli Kramer offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement package.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectations.
Messerli Kramer is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Messerli Kramer to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.