Messerli Kramer is a leading law firm in the Twin Cities founded in 1965 with locations in Minneapolis, St. Paul and Plymouth, Minnesota. We have a well-earned reputation within the business community of providing sound, reasoned and comprehensive legal advice. Our professionals take the time to listen and understand their legal issues within the larger framework of their business as a whole. Known for our dedication and responsiveness, our attorneys and staff are focused on finding pragmatic solutions and producing remarkable results for our clients.
Messerli Kramer serves individuals and businesses through three unique, yet complementary, divisions. We represent a variety of clients—from large corporations, banks and closely-held businesses—to individuals seeking divorce and family law or estate planning services. Our clients trust us to help them navigate the myriad of legal issues that confront them in their business and personal lives.
Description of Duties
- Prepare legal documents and correspondence
- Prepare record and closing books
- Assemble and file documents electronically
- Enter time on behalf of assigned timekeepers, process payment requests, and coordinate the client billing process
- Maintain client files and contact information
- Schedule meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements
- Proactively ensure the legal team is prepared with necessary materials for closings, meetings, etc.
- Open, review and direct mail
- Other administrative tasks, as assigned
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong commitment to client service
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple individuals, as well as the ability to work independently
- Good planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent administrative/secretarial and proofreading skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to problem-solve and use sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities with competing deadlines
- 5+ years of legal administrative experience; in transactional (Real Estate/Corporate) strongly preferred
- Minimum of high school graduation, Business school or related professional legal secretarial degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Proven ability to manage multiple calendar
Messerli Kramer offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement package.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume along with your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.