Messerli Kramer is a leading law firm in the Twin Cities founded in 1965 with locations in Minneapolis, St. Paul and Plymouth, Minnesota. We have a well-earned reputation within the business community of providing sound, reasoned and comprehensive legal advice. With an emphasis on building lasting relationships with our clients, our professionals take the time to listen and understand their legal issues within the larger framework of their business as a whole. Known for our dedication and responsiveness, our attorneys and staff are focused on finding pragmatic solutions and producing remarkable results for our clients.
Messerli Kramer serves individuals and businesses through three unique, yet complementary, divisions. We represent a variety of clients—from large corporations, banks and closely-held businesses—to individuals seeking divorce and family law or estate planning services. Our clients trust us to help them navigate the myriad of legal issues that confront them in their business and personal lives.
The General Office/Records Management Assistant plays a key role in assisting our Legal Assistants and Paralegals with copying, scanning and printing projects, including the management of record books and the creation of closing books. The Assistant will also track inventory needed for such projects, create labels for the documents and ensure all requests are completed in a timely manner. This position will work as a part of the Records Management team to maintain the file room and work to process files so they can be scanned and stored electronically. This position is located in our downtown Minneapolis office and reports to the Office Manager.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Copy projects (primarily record books and closing books)
- Printing projects
- Scanning projects
- Sort/deliver mail
- Make labels (for the corporate record books)
- Assist with tracking inventory required for the creation of record and closing books
- Create shipping labels (UPS/USPS)
- Assist LAA’s and Paralegals with bulk mailings and billing, as necessary
- Review on-site files and incoming files to remove unnecessary information as well as staples, post-it notes, etc. so the files can be scanned electronically
- Serve as a back-up for our Office Assistant for stocking supplies in conference rooms and kitchens
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Experience managing copy projects
- Knowledge of general business principles
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and professional attitude are a must
- Adherence and support of MK’s Core Values: focusing on results and customers
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Physical activity required including bending, reaching, lifting and prolonged periods standing
- May lift and/or move up to 10 lbs
- Mental qualifications include the ability to perform all responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to properly dispose of records or other classified company material
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Messerli Kramer is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.