Founded in 1965, Messerli Kramer is a Top 20 Minnesota law firm with locations in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Plymouth, Bismarck, North Dakota, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Omaha, Nebraska. We have a hard-earned reputation within the business community of providing sound, reasoned and comprehensive legal services. With an emphasis on building lasting relationships with our clients, our professionals take the time to listen and understand legal issues within the larger framework of the business as a whole. Known for our dedication and responsiveness, Messerli & Kramer is focused on finding pragmatic solutions and producing remarkable results for our clients.
Messerli Kramer consists of eleven practice areas in three unique, yet complementary divisions, including appeals, banking and finance, corporate and general business law, commercial real estate, business litigation, collections, divorce and family law, employment, estate planning, government relations and intellectual property. We represent a variety of clients, from large corporations and banks, to closely-held entrepreneurial businesses, to individuals seeking divorce and family law or estate planning services.
Our Paralegals assist and provide a range of legal support and administration to lawyers and other legal professionals engaged in Business Litigation. The Paralegal will work directly with our attorneys to prepare for upcoming cases, get involved in fact-finding projects and be responsible for developing and maintaining case files.
The Real Estate Paralegal will be primarily responsible for assisting attorneys with reviewing title commitments, title exception documents, surveys, preparing title and survey summaries, communicating with attorneys and title agents regarding title issues and assisting with the negotiation of title insurance policy coverage. The paralegal will also be responsible for assisting with diligence on real estate closings and conducting research on status of title to real property. The paralegal will assist with transactions including drafting and compiling transaction documents, preparing closing checklists, tracking completion of checklist items, assisting in the closing process and preparing closing binders.
- Manage title order processing, scheduling, and preparing closing documents for refinancing purchases, sales and address post-closing issues
- Due diligence review
- Working knowledge of commercial leasing, purchase and sales contracts
- Manage client-related responsibilities as needed
- Track and follow each deal from inception through the closing and post-closing phases
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple individuals, as well as the ability to work independently
- Function as part of a cohesive team
- Good planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to problem-solve and use sound judgment
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Paralegal Degree or certificate required
- 5+ years of real estate paralegal experience required
- High degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities while respecting tight deadlines
- Proven ability to establish professional working relationships with colleagues and external clients
- Strong commitment to client service
Messerli Kramer offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement package.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectations.
Messerli Kramer is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Messerli Kramer to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.