This posting is for our Receptionist position out of the Minneapolis office.
About Messerli Kramer
Founded in 1965, Messerli Kramer is a top-20 law firm in Minnesota, with offices in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Plymouth, along with satellite offices in Denver, Milwaukee, and Omaha. We have a well-earned reputation within the business community of providing sound, reasoned and comprehensive legal advice. With an emphasis on building lasting relationships with our clients, our professionals take the time to listen and understand their legal issues within the larger framework of their business as a whole. Known for our dedication and responsiveness, our attorneys and staff are focused on finding pragmatic solutions and producing remarkable results for our clients.
Messerli Kramer serves individuals and businesses through three unique, yet complementary, divisions. We represent a variety of clients across an array of practice groups: Banking and Finance, Business Litigation, Corporate and Estate Planning, Commercial Real Estate and Family Law.
The Receptionist position will provide support to, and is the face of, the Minneapolis office. This individual is responsible for the presentation of a professional office/reception environment. This individual will maintain courteous and professional contact with both internal and external clients, and observe confidentiality of client matters at all times. The position reports to the Office Manager.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities for the Receptionist position:
- Manage switchboard, research and respond to questions (answer, route and provide information to all employees, clients and guests)
- Meet and greet all employees, clients and guests entering the office with a professional decorum and demeanor
- Maintain package log for all deliveries received
- Maintain and arrange for all firm messenger requests
- Maintain electronic company directory of employees
- Maintain office supply inventory and orders
- Maintain the Firm’s parking validation log
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Conference rooms, meetings, food orders, deliveries (prep and clean, schedule, coordinate and management of meetings through Resource Scheduler)
- Maintain a clean office environment, including receptionist desk, kitchen and guest areas, as well as handling dishwasher, making coffee and maintaining inventory
- Provide backup to mailroom and Legal Administrative Assistants with transcription, scanning, copying, attorney’s time entry, DM, expense reimbursements, and other administrative tasks as directed
- Assist Office Manager with projects as directed
Required Education, Experience, and Skills for Receptionist Position:
- A minimum of 2 years administrative experience, preferably in a law firm or a professional services industry
- Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent client/customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Approachable, professional, courteous demeanor
- Enthusiastic and friendly with demonstrated ability to work with people at various levels within and outside the Firm
- Highly dependable and reliable
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Problem-solver with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Proven administrative and technical skills
Physical Requirements for the Receptionist Position:
- Sits frequently.
- Lifts and carries up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Bends and stoops occasionally.
Benefits for the Receptionist Position:
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package and the opportunity to work with commensurate professionals who are experts in their field. As this is an onsite position, we will pay for a MetroTransit pass and/or reimburse up to $175 per month for parking downtown.
If you are a motivated and talented individual who is looking for a new challenge, please send your resume, and cover letter along with salary expectations to: email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Messerli Kramer is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.