For over 40 years, the Messerli & Kramer Government Relations team has shown integrity, unmatched service and a respected presence before the Minnesota Legislature, executive and regulatory agencies and local units of government. Every day we put that experience and knowledge to work to best serve our clients. Our attorneys and lobbyists have been called upon to develop and pass into law some of the most complex and high profile legislation ever enacted in Minnesota. Just a few examples include:
- Coordination of statewide lobbying efforts to pass Minnesota’s “Marriage Equality Act.”
- Legislation for Target Field – a 42,000-seat, open air, natural grass ballpark, home of the Minnesota Twins.
- Extensive involvement in legislation to develop and expand metro transit and light rail.
- Representation of Minnesota law enforcement and first responders.
Messerli & Kramer has a respected reputation for bipartisan lobbying activities that never take a legislator’s vote for granted. Our real success is reflected by the fact that most of our clients were referred to us by legislators, other lobbyists who know the quality of our work and clients who have experienced the value of having our representation at the Capitol.
Government Relations services at Messerli & Kramer fall under the following areas:
- Legislative Lobbying – helping clients navigate the legislative process and gain access to key decision makers to advocate for their interests.
- Regulatory Support/Administrative Law - representing clients and providing strategic and regulatory advice on issues before state agencies.
- Procurement – enhancing the ability for companies and organizations to win contracts with local, regional, and state government entities.
- Economic Development – supporting efforts to improve the quality of life and business and job growth in Minnesota communities.
- Municipal Representation – assisting clients with protocols before units of government to obtain approvals, permits, waivers and other assistance.
- Campaign/Political Law - advising clients on campaign finance law and consulting on elections.
Our Government Affairs Specialties
Government Relations following areas:
Banking and Finance
Capital Investment Projects
Transportation and Transit
Our growing team of attorneys and lobbyists provides legislative representation and government monitoring services throughout the year for most clients. The primary benefit of choosing Messerli & Kramer is our team approach. We work together for you as a valued resource inside and outside the Capitol. You can trust our integrity, extensive knowledge, proven bipartisan connections and solid reputation to serve you.