*If you are a consumer and want to make a payment or settlement click here.*
Messerli & Kramer's Collection Department provides comprehensive, attorney-managed debt recovery services to our clients, which include some of the nation's largest businesses and financial institutions. Our thorough understanding of the law, business and the collections process makes us more than litigators. We are negotiators, investigators, collectors and, above all, partners with our clients.
We are licensed as attorneys in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Montana, South Dakota and North Dakota. With offices in the Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Omaha and Bismarck metro areas, we collaborate with each client and devise a collection strategy tailored to each client’s unique recovery objectives. Our attorneys manage a range of collection tools for a client’s claim, from demand letter, telephone calls, credit bureau review, litigation, garnishment, skip tracing, and asset searches, to post-judgment remedies and collateral recovery.
Our department maintains policies and practices compliant with all applicable federal and state governing laws and regulations. Particularly important in today’s regulatory environment, Messerli & Kramer’s Collection Department regularly tailors its practices and procedures to implement the specific compliance requirements of its clients. Our ultimate goal is to eliminate client regulatory risk by providing comprehensive attorney-managed compliance procedures at each stage of the recovery process.
Our collections and creditors' remedies attorneys offer services in a wide range of practice areas, including but not limited to:
- Collection litigation in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Montana, South Dakota and North Dakota
- Negotiation of settlements and resolution of placed accounts
- Lawsuits and judgments
- Garnishments and levies
- Secured transactions
- Bankruptcy, proofs of claim, relief from stay, adversary proceedings, and reaffirmation agreements
- Probate and deceased account collections nationwide
- Debt-buyer litigation
- Appellate representation
- Post-judgment discovery and asset recovery
- FDCPA defense and compliance
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) compliance
- Real estate and lien-related collections
- Commercial debt collections
- Mortgage foreclosures
- Student Loan Collections