Dan Quam draws on years of private practice and in-house legal experience to advise and represent corporate clients, entrepreneurs, and business executives with a focus in the medical and medical technology industries. Prior to joining Messerli Kramer as a Shareholder in the Business Services group, Dan served as Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel for a direct marketing industry leader and understands the need for legal solutions to balance with business objectives. Dan’s proactive approach to advising clients helps them strategically plan for and anticipate legal issues before they occur. When unexpected situations do arise, Dan is prepared to step in and aggressively represent his clients and deliver results.
- Represented multinational pharma / biotech company through a complex corporate reorganization transaction and related general corporate matters.
- Represented family practice group in recapitalization transaction with one of the largest HMOs in the country.
- Represented medical clinic related to benefit and employment matters.
- Developed and implemented corporate compliance platform prior to the enactment of significant amendments to federal direct marketing regulations.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in acquisition of complimentary software development target.
- Defended numerous business clients against state and federal employment discrimination claims.
- Represented established print-marketing company in sale to multi-channel marketing organization.
- Represented multiple owner-operated restaurants with successful openings and business mergers.
- Counseled nationwide direct-marketing participants on state and federal rules governing sweepstakes, telemarketing, and advertising.
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, “Top Mistakes in Issuing, Dividing and Transferring LLC Member Interests” – National Business Institute, December 2017
Professional & Community
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Brackett’s Crossing Country Club, Advisory Board Member
- Children’s Hospital Association, Board of Directors
- Minnesota Racquetball Association, Board of Directors
- Mitchell Hamline Golf Committee, Member