Matt Sorensen is an attorney in the firm’s Commercial Real Estate group where he prides himself on building relationships and finding practical solutions for his clients. Matt has experience in acquisition and sales, agriculture, commercial leasing, condemnation, and financing. In addition, Matt has assisted clients on a variety of corporate matters. Prior to joining Messerli Kramer, Matt also litigated dozens of cases in Minnesota and North Dakota and now applies this court room experience to better represent his transactional clients.
- Assisted in representation of large national lender in closing on two North Dakota wind farm projects, requiring the review of hundreds of wind easements and documents affecting title.
- Organized and leased a tourist attraction in western North Dakota.
- Drafted farm lease agreements.
- Drafted lease agreement for University of Minnesota sorority house.
Professional & Community
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- North Dakota State Bar Association, Member
Honors & Distinctions
- Dean’s Distinguished Scholarship, University of Minnesota Law School
- Dean’s List, cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School
- Dean’s List, summa cum laude, Creighton University