Jeremy Warring is an attorney in Messerli Kramer’s Corporate group where he counsels businesses and their owners through all stages of the business life cycle. His experience includes guiding clients through entity selection and organization, raising capital, corporate transactions including mergers & acquisitions, restructuring, and succession planning. Having owned and operated a business himself, Jeremy has first-hand experience with the challenges owners face, which is reflected in how he advises clients. Jeremy also represents buyers and sellers in commercial real estate transactions, and handles commercial leasing.
- Represents a national telecommunications audit company, advising on multiple ownership transitions and providing general counsel.
- Represents multiple companies providing trade services, including painting and masonry.
- Represented pediatric dental laboratory in sale of assets to national multi-laboratory holding company.
- Represented local closely-held auto repair shop in sale of assets to Pep Boys.
- Represented independent CPA firm organizing new entities to acquire multiple Liberty Tax franchises.
- Represented technology company operating a nutrition coaching application regarding corporate structure and equity incentives.
Publications & Presentations
- Co-Author, “The Big Question: Back to the Office?” – Bench & Bar Minnesota, July 2020
- Author, “How the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act Affects PPP Loan Forgiveness” – Messerli Kramer, June 2020
- Co-Author, “Preparing your PPP Loan Forgiveness Application” – Messerli Kramer, May 2020
- Author, “SBA Clarified Good-Faith Certification Requirements for PPP Loans” – Messerli Kramer, May 2020
- Co-Author, “Calculating PPP Loan Forgiveness: What if an employee refuses to return to work?” – Messerli Kramer, May 2020
- Co-Author, “Deductibility of Expenses Paid with PPP Loan Funds” – Messerli Kramer, May 2020
- Author, “Calculating PPP Loan Forgiveness: Frequently Asked Questions” – Messerli Kramer, April 2020
- Author, “Calculating PPP Loan Forgiveness” – Messerli Kramer, April 2020
- Presenter, “Employee or Independent Contractor?” – Innovative Networking Group, March 2018
- Presenter, “How the Revised LLC Act Will Impact Your Business” – Vistage Meetings and multiple seminars for clients & business owners, September and November 2017
Professional & Community
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Active supporter of animal rescue and no-kill shelters