Skyline Experience. Shoreline Presence.
Residential and Commercial Real Estate Legal Services from a
Leading Twin Cities Firm
Messerli Kramer’s Real Estate practice group brings its vast experience, connections and creative problem-solving skills to real estate stakeholders in the Brainerd Lakes area. Our highly skilled and dedicated team of attorneys represent property owners, developers, contractors and builders who are in the process of acquiring and developing land, and building, financing, leasing and managing all types of real estate projects. Our clients include retailers, landlords, real estate investors and property managers who acquire, operate, manage, and sell real estate.
We bring our extensive experience, reputation and connections with title companies, surveyors, engineers, architects, environmental consultants, real estate brokers and loan originators to our clients in the cities and counties that comprise the Brainerd Lakes area. Our local presence in this area allows us to fully understand the municipal, county and state laws and regulations that govern real estate sales, acquisitions, financing and development. We take the time to understand your needs and work within the law to minimize your risks and costs and help you complete your project within the desired timeframe.
Complete Real Estate Legal Services in the Brainerd Lakes Area
Acquisitions, Sales and Leasing
Are you selling, buying or leasing real property? Messerli Kramer’s real estate attorneys have decades of experience in all aspects of real estate acquisitions, sales and leasing. We understand the nuances of representing clients on both the acquisition and sale sides of a transaction. We will help you work through the due diligence process, assist with title and survey issues, document financing transactions, and smoothly close on your acquisition, sale or leasing transaction.
We have strong relationships with many of the local market’s real estate professionals, and our reputation in the industry provides our clients with the assurance that their transactions will be handled well. Let us help you navigate the acquisition, sale or leasing process with ease.
Our Attorneys Have Assisted Clients in:
• Closing on an acquisition and ground lease agreement as part of a $50 million hotel acquisition.
• Acquisition of a multi-million dollar resort property in northern Minnesota.
• Sale of an apartment project and simultaneous refinancing of a second apartment project, in which the mortgaged debt on the site sold was transferred to the second site and assumed by the site’s owner.
• Represented client in multi-party transactions including simultaneous acquisition and sale of several parcels of real property, partial reverse and partial forward tax deferred exchanges to redevelop and replat multiple parcels into a cohesive, mixed-use development.
• Management of national office lease portfolio for large North American insurance company.
• Represented landlord in negotiating in excess of 25 retail leases in connection with the development of a regional shopping center.
Are you trying to secure financing for your real estate project? Messerli Kramer’s real estate attorneys represent borrowers in all types of commercial real estate loans, including specialty tax credit financing, new construction loans, permanent financing and refinancing transactions. We will help you obtain the most advantageous loan terms in a timely and efficient manner, allowing you to get to work without worrying about title issues, lien priority or proper disbursement of loan funds.
We work with a wide network of professional partners—local title companies and surveying, engineering, and environmental firms—to save you money, ensure a successful loan transaction and avoid common issues.
Our Attorney Have Assisted Clients in:
• Development of upscale apartment projects and negotiating construction financing for the projects totaling in the aggregate $80.5 million.
• Acquisition and financing of several non-profit charter school facilities, including a recent multi-lender financing transaction including traditional secured loans as well as new market tax credits.
• On-going real estate support for tax-exempt bond financing transactions for non-profit senior housing and skilled care providers.
Development & Land Use
Are you developing or redeveloping land? Messerli Kramer’s real estate attorneys have broad experience representing developers, property owners and other interested parties as they move forward on projects ranging from small housing developments to upscale multi-family housing, retail buildings, regional malls and shopping centers. We understand the varying standards and requirements developers need to comply with in order to obtain required approvals and permits in their respective municipalities and counties, including public and/or private easements, use restrictions, development agreements and all related documents and land use and zoning issues.
With decades of development experience, we help clients navigate the development process, anticipating hurdles, avoiding pitfalls and identifying and implementing solutions to issues that threaten to cause project delays. We also have extensive experience in land use and zoning matters and condemnation matters.
Our Attorneys Have Assisted Clients in:
• Acquisition, development, construction and financing of six student housing projects and subsequent sale of the projects, with an aggregate value of more than $200 million, including formation of a tenancy-in-common ownership structure to accommodate a tax deferred exchange.
• Acquisition of land, development, construction, financing and leasing of multiple regional retail shopping centers.
• Acquisition and development of commercial or Brainerd Lakes residential properties.
• Defeating a proposed zoning ordinance amendment to allow helipads in residential neighborhoods.
Our Experienced Team of Attorneys Specialize in Many Other Areas of Real Estate Law